Home sellers have quickly had to come up with solutions to the obstacles posed by COVID-19. Even though we can all see the light at the end of the pandemic tunnel, showing homes to prospective buyers in person can still be risky, so sellers and agents alike are wise to continue to adjust their tactics.
If your home is currently on the market in Alexandria, you may be wondering how you can give potential buyers a look inside while taking the right precautions. These resources from Patrick’s Painting & Home Improvement will help you prepare your home for marketing photos, boost your virtual presence with advertising techniques, and effectively clean your home if you do allow buyers to visit for a showing.
Preparing Your Home
Getting your home prepped for your online listing, virtual tours, and in-person showings is worth the effort. By making it look its best, you’ll make your home stand out among the competition and draw in more potential buyers.
- Give the Interior and Exterior of Your Home a Fresh Coat of Paint
- Home Staging Tips
- Curb Appeal on a Budget
- Pressure Wash and Stain Your Decks to Give Them New Life
- 5 Ways to Declutter Your Whole House
Improve Your Virtual Presence
Sellers are relying on online listings more than ever. Make yours stand out with these helpful resources.
- 5 Real Estate Photography Tips
- 3D Home Tour Virtual Experience
- How to Use Facebook to Sell Your House
Host Safe Showings
Virtual tours, whether live or pre-recorded, are great options for showcasing your home if you’re not ready to host people in person. If you do invite others into your home for an open house or private showing, be sure to make safety a priority.
- Open House Precautions to Take During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- How to Wear a Face Mask Correctly to Safe Stay Around Others
- The Ultimate Guide to Hosting a Virtual Open House
- Consult With Interested House Hunters on Zoom
Cleaning After Showings
Even if you use strict safety protocols for in-person tours, it’s a good idea to clean after your visitors leave. Don’t forget to wash your hands!
- Wash Your Hands to Protect Against Infection
- Your Guide to the Best Cleaning Products
- How to Clean Your House to Prevent the Spread of Coronavirus
This is a difficult time to sell your home, and you may not be able to find a buyer as quickly as you would have liked. But plenty of people are still on the lookout for a new property, and you can either go the extra mile to hold safe open houses or go digital and give virtual tours. If you think outside the box, you’ll still be able to connect with the right buyers!
Whether you want to paint your home or make other improvements to make it stand out to buyers, Patrick’s Painting and Home Improvement is here to help! Contact us for your free quote by completing
this form or calling (703) 253-9268.